Certified Nursing Assistant Program Summary
The program is designed to provide students with ongoing skills and knowledge that are necessary to perform basic nursing care. Students will perform hands-on care at a state-approved long-term care facility under the supervision of a clinical supervisor and the facility RN or LPN. The curriculum was created using Missouri ‘s Department of Health and Human Service requirements. Our Instructors are Registered Nurses with a CNA Instructor certification. Students will come to class 4 – 5 days a week in pursuit of a variety of career-focused goals including professional development, resume building, interview skills, engaging clinical classroom education, and hands-on clinical training.
Upon the successful completion of this program, students will be proficient in 43 various clinical skills, including but not limited to the following:
- Describe how healthcare facilities are organized and the role of each healthcare team member.
- State the responsibilities of the RN, LPN, and CNA in various healthcare settings.
- Identify ways to control the spread of infection and the transmission of diseases.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned to safely evacuate residents in emergency situations.
- Perform basic nursing assistant clinical skills within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrate effective communication with the healthcare team members.
- Display moral, ethical, responsible, caring, and honest characteristics while providing care.
- Diligently carry out assigned tasks and follow up on all care of the resident.
- Be at least 17 years old of age
- Applicant must attest to having an accredited high school diploma or high school equivalency completed before enrolling in the course.
- Provide government issued picture ID
- Hepatitis B and influenza vaccinations
- Documentation of immunizations
- Negative TB screen
- Negative Urine drug screen
- Must not be on the Missouri Division of Aging employer disqualification list.
Our dedicated staff of admissions representatives can assist students in gathering the required admissions documentation and our career placement staff will provide graduates with industry connections that will help you start your career.
Bell Brown Medical Institute truly cares about the success of all of our students from beginning to end!
Contact an admissions representative and take your first step to a rewarding career in healthcare by calling 877-219-5420 today!
Financial Aid is Available to those who qualify!
Fill out a short questionnaire and an admissions representative will contact you about grants and scholarships that you may qualify for by clicking this link: